Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year Return

Happy new year!  I hope 2013 turns out to be a better year personally (injuries and all that) and for everyone else (economy and all that).

I've just returned from another visit to the physio who said I should buy two of these and try a practice session to see how I get on.  First I need to complete my final design degree project and hand in on the 11th, thus completing just short of 6 years of study - im finally out of jail!

Therefore, in a few weeks I should have my first practice in six months and almost 12 months to the day from my initial injury.  However, I wont be rushing into it, I'll prob only do half sessions for a couple of weeks.

P.S.  One thing I have noticed.  I have only suffered one cold since my hiatus from kendo.  Therefore, i'm suffering due to lack of sleep, running my body down or surrounded by diseased kendoka.  Its probably a combination of all three!  Im not looking forward to the regular illness again.

Edit (20-01-13)://  Sods law.  I was planning on my first practice last Friday but ive injured my left hand side intercostal muscle (muscles between ribs).  I think it was through a combination of gym and cycling.  I have to rest for a further 3-4 weeks.

It looks like my bad luck is continuing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment