Sunday 15 February 2015

Best add another post

I can't believe its been nearly 18 months since I last posted.  To be honest, I don't really have a lot to say about my progress other than its sssslllooowww.  The realisation that this is my 10th year of kendo prompted me to write a new message.

2015 should have been 4th dan grading year.  My ruined wrist has put an end to that :(

Quite a bit has happened to me outside kendo since 2013.  I started a new career in graphic design last June which has affected my availability to train - I have to drive for an hour to get to my Thursday practice and anything London based during the working week is a write off as I work long hours.

I've also started cycling to work as its 10 miles from my home.  All was fine until I hit head-on by a tool overtaking a bus, smashing my shoulder into his windscreen.  This means i've been unable to train since last October and still undergoing physio due to issues with my right shoulder blade.

I'm hoping I can start back at kendo within 4-6 weeks.  However, I feel like I can't remember anything....

I have also discovered that a kendo club has recently moved to the sports centre all of 5 mins walk from my house.  Result!  The only down side is it clashes with my cycling club runs.  Once i'm back in the saddle and built up a little bit of form, i'm planning to visit once a month.  Can't pass up an opportunity like that!

1 comment: